This disclaimer relates to information presented on this website and any other social media channels such as, but not restricted to Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.
I am not (or may not be) your doctor unless you have been referred to me and seen by me as a patient. Please see your personal doctor for any medical advice.
Contact with me in any form is under the explicit understanding that no doctor-patient relationship exists and none will be formed as a result of such contact.
A blog post or Twitter status update is not a replacement for a doctor visit in person. If you have a medical emergency, please call 999 or the emergency services system in your location.
My blog posts and Twitter status updates are not medical, legal, ethical, moral, political, or any other form of advice, suggestion, or recommendation.
My opinions are fluid and I reserve the right to change my position as my knowledge and experiences dictate.
I reserve the right to alter or delete any of my blog posts for any reason.
I reserve the right to delete any comments posted on my various social media profiles or blog for any reason.
I reserve the right to delete any Twitter status updates for any reason. Most common reasons include but are not limited to: old replies, non-medical related replies, incorrect or unverified articles/links, etc.
I reserve the right to ignore any contact attempted through any means (Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Email, IM, etc). Most common reasons include but are not limited to: unwanted marketing, SPAM, hostile/aggressive/annoying behavior, unfamiliarity or lack of personal/professional relationship, etc.
Following, contacting, or “friending” people on any social media sites, blogs, etc. is not an endorsement by me of the message, opinions, beliefs, or mission of that person, group, or business.
Terms & Conditions
By agreeing access and browsing this site, you voluntarily agree to the following conditions and policies. Using the site has the same effect as if you have signed a physical agreement. If you do not agree, then immediately exit this site and do not use/browse.
By accessing and browsing this site, “you” agree to the following purpose, terms, and policies. Under no circumstances will the author, Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd be liable to you for any direct or indirect damages arising in connection with use of this site. Posts/links are not a substitute for personalized medical advice from your provider. Opting to participate with this site by following/”liking”/”friending”/subscribing will result in your user identity being able to be viewed by other participating site members. Therefore, you agree your participation will NOT be confidential.
The purpose of this account/blog/website is for medical education only. It is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. Information posted should not be construed as personal medical advice. Posts are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure disease. The goal is to inform the audience with interesting medical and community information for strictly educational/entertainment purposes only. In addition, this site is meant to support the relationship that may exist between the visitor and his/her physician. Postings are not meant to be the only source of medical decision-making for your family. By accessing this site, you acknowledge that there is no physician-patient relationship extended between you and I.
All posts are the opinion of this author and not of his employer/partners. All posts are based on scientific facts and subject to certain assumptions and should not be relied upon for any other purpose. Similar to printed materials, the information posted may become out-of-date. There is no obligation to update posts, although I may at any time without notice. I cannot be held responsible for any omissions in the posts.
All information is modified to protect patient confidentiality and case examples do not follow real cases.
I reserve the right to disregard any direct messages, emails, or personal requests. If you need personal assistance, direct contact with your medical office is needed.
This site is accessed by the public. Consider your comments carefully. Do not include any information that you deem as personal or private. You are responsible for the content you post.
External hyperlinks to external websites does not constitute endorsement. I do not verify, endorse, or take responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness, or quality of the content contained in these sites. Every post is linked to its source of information, dated and referenced. Use at your own risk.
Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd Social Media Policy
BY POSTING/”LIKING”/FOLLOWING/OPTING-IN PADDY BARRETT SOCIAL MEDIA SITES YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS:
If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, you may not view or post any content related to Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd to any Social Media Site on the internet. Your use of Social Media Sites is acceptance of this Policy and has the same effect as if you had actually physically signed an agreement.
1. You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on any Social Media Site.
2. By leaving comments, posting images, reviews, discussions, videos, stories, or other personal information on Dr. Paddy Barretts’/My Heart Health Ltd Social Media Sites, you are agreeing to have your image and/or identity published online. You acknowledge that this information is of public domain and may be viewed by anyone. Should you have concerns regarding your privacy, it is advised that you not post any personal information to the Social Media Sites of Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd.
3. As a guest posting content to any Social Media Site on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in Dr. Paddy Barrett’s/My Heart Health Ltd discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
4. Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials at his sole discretion. You understand and agree that Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd may disclose your communications and activities on social media sites of Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of Dr. Paddy Barrett’s/My Heart Health Ltd rights. You agree that in the event that Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd will have no liability to you.
5. By posting any content on any Social Media Site, you grant to Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any Dr. Paddy Barrett’s/My Heart Health Ltd purpose.
6. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. By its very nature, a website AND THE INTERNET cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd does not control the THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE Internet over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information OR OTHER CONTENT and, therefore, Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting any content on an internet site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family. FURTHERMORE, Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
7. THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN, USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, Dr. Paddy Barrett/My Heart Health Ltd suggests that you review the Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.
My Heart Health Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. My Heart Health Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1/5/2018.
What we collect
We collect your name and email address when you use the contact form on our website.
We also your name and email addresses if you decide to use our e-newsletter platform which is provided by Aweber.com. To learn more about Aweber and its GPDR compliance please click here.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at info@MyHeartHealth.ie
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to My Heart Health Ltd, Suite 39, The Blackrock Clinic, Rock Rd, Blackrock, Co. Dublin or email info@MyHeartHealth.ie. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above addresses. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files, which are stored on a user’s computer or device. They may allow a website store your actions or preferences over a period of time, or can contain data related to the function of the site. Cookies allow a website to deliver a page tailored to the user.
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website or in some cases by third party services the website owner allows to present other information, run content or provide other functionality such as analytics.
Further information on cookies can be found here.
What type of cookies are used by My Heart Health?
We use 2 different types of cookie:
- Session Cookies
- Persistent Cookie
Session Cookies are temporary cookies stored on your computer or mobile device. They are generally deleted once the user closes their browser. They are used to deliver basic functions of a website while you are actively using it – for instance during a registration process.
A persistent cookie is also known as a stored or permanent cookie.
They are cookies placed on your computer or mobile device for a set length of time when you visit the site or until the user deletes the cookie.
How are cookies used on this website?
Cookies allow us to use Google Analytics to track our website visitor numbers – how they get to our website, what pages they visit on our website, how long they stay on our site etc. This enables us to measure and learn how our website is being used. Google Analytics have provided an opt out mechanism – find more information here.
Most modern browsers have cookies enabled by default, but you can change your settings to block cookies if you so wish – visit the privacy area of your browser settings to configure.
Google: _ga, _gat, _gid
YouTube: GPS, Pref, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC
Doubleclick.net (Google): IDE
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content or functionality at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make.